10 May 2012

Portsmouth and Dinner with Dad

Portsmouth

I have awesome parents.

When I found out my Dad was going to be in Virginia at the same time I was...
well, we had to get together.

'Cause that's what we do.

So, we started off the evening with a beverage at Still.
A gem in downtown Portsmouth.

It was a quiet night with gorgeous weather.
We walked along the seawall to get there.
My Rob Roy was fabulous.
Still...and not my Rob Roy.

From there, we headed to The Bier Garden to reminisce about our time in Germany.  

yum
My dad was in the Army and when my sister and I were in high school, we were stationed there.  It was awesome.  But, because we were in high school, I couldn't appreciate the amazing food and drink we had available to us.

Needless to say, I tore through my vegetarian spatzle with mushrooms and onions.

So.  So.  So.  Good.

It was a great dinner with my Dad.  I'm lucky to have him in my life.

Too many good things on the menu!
Awesome pretzel and cucumber salad!

And, on that note...this week is Nurses' Week. 

My mom is an amazing nurse.  She was an Army nurse (did time in Vietnam), has worked in hospitals and is now a school nurse.  She is an inspiration and works incredibly hard.

Happy Nurses' Week, Mom!


No comments: