|On Arcadia Beach in Oregon|
Our friends officiated, our parents, family, and dear friends surrounded us as we recited the same words we did on the beach last May. We had the most creative team assembled around us to capture the sights, deliver the music, and coordinate everything. In short, we are feeling pretty darn fortunate with all this love and happiness surrounding our sappy hearts!
The week before and after offered us time to soak in Seattle and Oregon. We did a boat tour with Argosy Cruises, ate at the same restaurant as Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner did in that oh-so-famous movie, enjoyed wine in our favorite little spot just behind Pike Place Market, ooh-ed and aah-ed over the flowers and goodies at said market, and spent quality time with all of the people that traveled far and wide to be there.
After the wedding, we traveled down the coast into Oregon (oh...how I love Oregon!) to check out the beautiful seaside towns of Manzanita and Cannon Beach, to go inland to visit the Oregon vineyards and fall into a serious crush with the town of McMinnville, and then on to Portland where the city and its sights wooed us into a honeymoon stupor. We met amazing people along the way, found some incredible gems, and, well...let's be honest, did not want to come back to reality.
We are grateful for the time we had to spend with our favorite people, are feeling pretty lucky that we have one another in our lives, and are just darn excited about heading back to Oregon when time allows.
I've included lists of places we visited along the way below the pictures...these are highly recommended!
- Russell's (Bothell, Washington...tell Michelle Morgan we said hello!)
- Argosy Cruises
- Pike Place Market (Andiamo's Restaurant is inside!)
- The Tasting Room
- Preservation Kitchen (Bothell, Washington)
- The Museum of Flight
- Coast Cabins (amazing, amazing, amazing)
- Bread and Ocean Bakery
- Manzanita News and Espresso
- Arcadia Beach
- Cape Lookout State Park
- Ecola State Park
- Hug Point
- Crepe Neptune
- The Irish Table (our server had family from Moose Jaw!)
- Tom N Larry's Candy
- Go see a sunset over Cannon Beach...it's amazing!
- Wheeler Marina (get your kayak on!)
- 3rd Street Flats (don't ask questions, just stay here)
- Thistle (best pre-prohibition drink menu! The bartender, Patrick, is amazing!!!)
- Red Fox Bakery
- McMenamins at the Hotel Oregon
- La Rambla
- Harvest Fresh Grocery & Deli
- Community Plate
- Sake One
- Costello's Travel Caffe (we met the owner while kayaking - awesome space, awesome food!)
- Biwa (go...get the vegetarian tasting menu...ask for Dan...he rocks)
- Japanese Garden
- Rose Garden
- Amenity Shoes
It was an amazing trip...