This is, in fact, my second Valentine's Day in Moose Jaw. I surprised Dave last year and flew in for my first visit to what would eventually become my home. It was dark. And cold. I remember landing late at night, watching the steam rise from the airport out of the darkness that surrounds Regina and Moose Jaw. I wasn't sure what I would find or who I would meet!
On this Valentine's Day, one year later, I figured I would share with you the things I love about being here in Moose Jaw!
- that everyone is so nice. Really. Moose Jaw is not called "The Friendly City" for nothing.
- the coffee and people-watching at Java Express.
- cooking good vegan dishes at home. This is a big deal for me as my idea of cooking used to be opening a PowerBar wrapper and/or assembling a salad.
- being a part of a book club!
- Wakamow Valley and the Nicolle Flats...such nice places to be outside, in all weather.
- the gorgeous sunsets we are treated to almost every evening.
- hearing Harvards and Hawks buzzing overhead from the base.
As it is the season of love, I feel it would be remiss not to give a little nod to cupid. One of my favorite things is listening to StoryCorps. I heard this story a while ago and was really excited to see that it had animation attached! Enjoy...
It's a good reminder of the endurance of love and support -- how important they are. I get my love and support from family and friends...thanks to all of them and I wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day!