05 May 2012

Six Months...

I've been back in Chicago for six months now...

This next part might be a bit of a ramble...

While part of me is so grateful for the opportunity to work my dream job, be among friends and enjoy the urban life, a bigger part of me just misses my husband and the quieter space of Saskatchewan.

I've learned a lot about myself over the past six months.

I'm not as strong as I thought I was.
I have an amazing support network in family and friends - both here and in Canada.
I am a better me when my husband is around...he brings out the best.
Love is more important to me than any career advancement.
Career advancement is still very important to me.
I can get tired of the honking horns and sounds of the city.
I don't need much space or many things to make me happy.

This has all been a big experiment and one that will continue for the forseeable future.  It's going well and my marriage is as strong as ever, despite the fact we are many miles apart.

That being said, I know we are stronger when we are together.  Reconciling my independent streak with the fact that I feel much better when part of a duo has been an exploration.

But, aren't we all exploring all the time?

Here's to the next six months.


No comments: