21 March 2014

Happy...erm, WinSpring?

Ah, Spring is here.  The skies are blue and the...

Yeah...um.  Nope!

Today we were greeted with wind chills in the -20s and temps in the single digits.  I have to say...I admire winter...she sure is persistent!

Thus, I am crowning this beautiful season of transition as WinSpring.  That magical time between winter and spring where you can veer from sweaters-only to five layers on within the span of twelve hours.  Welcome, WinSpring!

In other news...

In less than a week I am off to Bali for my yoga teacher training program.
I will be on the ground halfway around the world for a little over five weeks.
The first four will be spent in the training and the last week will be spent with my love - relaxing after the intense study and dedication of the program.

I am excited.
I am nervous.
I am ready to start this next chapter of my life.

Lucky for me, I've had a lot of great support.  Not least of which has been from The Yoga Loft here in Moose Jaw.  They are even featuring me on their blog as I write about my experience in the teacher training.  If you are interested in reading more, you can check it out here.  

Other support has come from family and friends and I can't thank the people in my life enough for all the love and listening and guidance they have provided over the last year as I worked through some tough decisions and made some leaps into the unknown.  

This whole idea of doing what you love and are passionate about is somewhat radical for me.  It doesn't mean having a steady pay check or 9 to 5 schedule.  It doesn't mean I'll be guaranteed work or benefits.  What it does guarantee is that I will be happier, that I can be with Dave and that I can share my passion with a community of people and in spaces that are inspiring and fulfilling.  It means I have more control over what my days look like and how I schedule my time.  It means possibility.  It means taking a chance.  It means trusting myself enough to know that this step is worth it.

I am planning on enjoying this ride!

Watch this for a taste of Ubud, Bali.






No comments: