06 November 2011

Moose Jaw Minute #63: Fall-time in the City!

I've been back in Chicago for a week now and, despite missing Canada and my husband terribly, I couldn't have picked a better time to make the move back to the city.  There is something magical about Chicago in the months leading up to the first snowfall...the leaves falling on sidewalks, brownstones with carved pumpkins hanging out on the stoop, kids in brightly coloured coats running past, the gorgeous sight of Lake Michigan against a crisp azure sky, and the way everything just seems to get much more cozy in the neighborhoods that make up this city.

I've been seeing friends, walking around my old neighborhoods, and getting used to working in an office again.  It's been a whirlwind, but it's also wonderful to be coming back to a place where I have a great deal of support.  And, that's what it comes down to really.  As we near American Thanksgiving and I continue to move through this transition, I've come to realize that the thing making all of this possible -- both my move to Moose Jaw a year ago and this move back to Chicago now -- is the support and love from family and friends.  While it might not always be easy, I certainly know I've got people on my side who can ease the discomfort, won't make fun of me when I cry, and will help me pick out a new shower curtain. 

'Cause hey, at the end of the day, isn't that what friends are for?

I'll have pictures for you soon...right now I've been a little busy with...well, ya know...stuff...

No comments: