22 February 2013

Share and Declare

I rarely get political, impassioned or activist on this site.
It's a part of me that I keep separate from what is written here.
But, I am feeling empowered to share and declare this morning...

I believe in equal rights.
I believe in marriage equality.
I believe that men and women should have equal opportunities.
I believe that no child should grow up afraid.

I believe all of us, no matter our culture, gender, sexual orientation, ability, background, race, ethnicity, religion or creed have opportunities to advocate and support one another.

I believe we, as a community, need to do a better job of standing up for one another.
I believe in solidarity.
I believe that we CAN make a difference.
I believe men and women should not have fear of being assaulted - mentally, emotionally, physically.

I believe that all of us, no matter our culture, gender, sexual orientation, ability, background, race, ethnicity, religion or creed have rights to live full, healthy, beautiful lives.

I believe in health equity and food democracy.
I believe we can do better in treating our planet better.
I believe that if you care, you should say so.
I believe in the best of people.

I believe that all of us, no matter our culture, gender, sexual orientation, ability, background, race, ethnicity, religion or creed have passions and dreams that should be ignited and lived out.

I don't want us to deny our culture, gender, sexual orientation, ability, background, race, ethnicity, religion or creed...instead, I want us to share and celebrate them with one another.  I want us to see those things as precious parts of our story that are valued and appreciated and loved.

I'm fired up, people.

Today's blog is inspired by Macklemore who has a story that should be heard.


No comments: