06 May 2013

Whirlwind

Up in the Air

It's been a whirlwind.  It seems as though just as soon as I get the feet on my ground somewhere, I am getting swept up again and into another plane/hotel/place.  I've been too many places in too short of a time to re-count here and, needless to say, not enough of that time has been spent in Canada.

I find myself struggling with balance.

Home is where the heart is and that is the least likely place you can find me these days.  Away from my heart and away from my home.  I find myself daydreaming about the "what's next?' phase of my life.  A surefire reaction to the amount of traveling I am doing and loss of space and place where I feel most comfortable.

There is only so long I can play George Clooney in Up In the Air before I start wondering just how many miles are worth it all.

Trust me, I know there are people that travel waaaaaay more than I do.  Kudos to them if that is what they enjoy, but I'm getting more and more comfortable with the idea that it isn't me, nor is it who I want to be.  I want to be able to invest time in our new community garden space (more on that soon!), run outside instead of on a treadmill and actually get to yoga classes on a regular basis.

I am finding my needs to be more and more simple.

A yoga mat.
A pair of running shoes.
A bike would be nice.
My love by my side.
Good food with friends and family.
And...in reality...and ultimately, a sense of belonging somewhere other than ORD or YYZ.

*Not that the upgrades aren't great...I'm just saying is all...*

No comments: