28 April 2013

Inspiring Me!

Friday was one of those days that you wish you could bottle up and pull out any time you needed a look at a great day!  The weather was absolutely stunning (a gorgeous 68F/20C with a shining sun) and just what I needed to get out of the home office for a nice 7-miler.

In addition, I was tracking the Ultra Trail Mount Fuji race.  Last year, I had the opportunity to run with this amazing athlete and I knew she was on the trail and in the lead.  Krissy ended up winning the whole thing!  

Last, but definitely not least, our friends invited us to join them in Regina for the Banff Film Festival World Tour.  We were treated to nine(!) different and inspirational films on topics ranging from rock climbing to the preservation of wildlife in Banff National Park.  The films were stunning, the stories were incredible and I am even more revved up to run in the mountains in May.

Some girlfriends and I are taking a weekend to go run near Canmore...as you well know, one of my favourite places on the planet.  I'm excited for a weekend of running, good food and even better company!  I'll be running a half marathon on my own the first day and then running with my pals in a 10K the following day.  I'm also registered to run the Chicago Marathon this year and am trying to decide if another ultra is in the running for 2013.  Last year, I completed my first 50K in Chicago and would love to try for another...only this time on some trails.  We'll see what happens!

Check out the trailer for the Banff Film Festival below...awesome stuff!

No comments: