11 July 2012

Portland Flashback

Sarah, one of my nearest and dearest friends lives in Portland.
She and I were roommates for a year in Chicago and then she did one of the bravest things I've ever seen a person do...

With no job prospect, no real connections and a heavy dose of trust in the universe, she rented a U-Haul, packed it up and moved out to Portland to start a new journey.
I fully supported her gutsy move and I was so glad to connect with her in her new "home"town!

It was also great to be able to spend a little more time there.
Dave and I did a quick stop-off during our honeymoon, but there was so much more I wanted to see!

It was a great weekend.  We talked, we ate, we ate, we ate, we shopped, we ate, we hiked...

One of my favourite places on the trip was our hours-long ten-mile hike along Eagle Creek Trail.
Tons of waterfalls, lush greenery, hawks dipping and swooping overhead and lots of ground to cover.
It was an incredible day on the trail.
To prove it, I've posted photos below!

I added all of my favourite spots from Portland to the "Places" list.  
If you are ever in that neck of the woods, go check them out.


Thanks for a fantastic weekend, Sarah!  You are a rockstar!!!

Sarah and I getting ready to rock the trail!
Light through the mossy trees.
Waterfall...this picture does not do it justice.
Girl on a bridge!  Hi, Sarah!
Loving the air...I also look sleepy...or something...hm.....
Little ferns growing out of a rock.
One of the many falls along the trail.
Perfect trail food...guacamole, amazing power cookies, almonds, bananas and chips. 
Get there already!!!!  It's gorgeous!

No comments: