09 July 2012

Ready to be Me



I've been doing a lot of self-reflection lately.
Thinking about the type of person I want to become.
Ruminating on my dreams and aspirations.
Tossing around ideas of what I want to do when I "grow up."

I find moments of contentment in my life right now.
But, it's never persistent.

I am of the belief that contentment and satisfaction should be a part of a person's every day experience.

So, what do I love and what journey am I willing to go on to get those things?

It can be pretty scary.  Over the weekend, I was with a group of friends and we discussed just this.
Sometimes the things you need the most require the most of yourself.
It requires you to be risky, daring and, as one friend put it, slightly arrogant.

Arrogant about your abilities, your strengths, your belief that you CAN make your dreams happen.

Arrogance and I aren't the best of friends, but when my friend said it...it just clicked.
It made sense.

Another friend said that he couldn't believe it took him until now to actually be doing what he is passionate about.  But, he said he sure is glad he is doing it now.  This friend is ten times happier and will be ten times more successful because his heart is in it.  His life is his dream.  His dream is his life.

I think that's awesome. 

I am ready to be brave.  To start living the life I've been dreaming about. 
I am ready to be me. 
It won't happen overnight...it's a journey, but I sure am excited for the ride.

No comments: