23 December 2013

The Goodbyes...and Lots of Love

Last week was my final week at work.
Surreal.
And exciting.
Scary.
And hopeful.

There were a lot of fantastic goodbyes and many of my friends went out of their way with cards, gifts and - most of all - these incredibly lovely notes of encouragement and support.  They know this decision was not an easy one for me and all of them were there to help me shut down my laptop and walk out the door for the final time.

It is also liberating.  I am leaving behind a very "known" quantity for something very "unknown."  I am not sure what the future will bring.  I will be obtaining my yoga teacher certification, but am not sure where I will teach.  I will be consulting, but I am not sure where and in what capacities.  Never before have I come to the end of the year with so much awesome possibility sitting in my lap.

Before I have the chance to ponder too hard...there are the holidays to celebrate.  This year, Dave and I are spending time with my family in Georgia before we head off to Oregon to decompress and reconnect.  We've been decorating trees and much baking will happen today.  I already made the vegan lasagna Dave and I will down on Tuesday night before we head off to celebrate a midnight mass with my parents.  Although neither Dave nor I are religious, we love going to celebrate with the family - especially this time of year.

Thanks to all of you out there who have supported us through these past 3.5 years.  You know the story and you have been there all the way.

For that - this holiday season - we are grateful.

[source]

No comments: