27 January 2012

Topic Number Three: Randomness

So, I'm heading in for a root canal today and as much as I wanted my topic to be about something, um, more substantial...I am way too nervous about going to see the dentist to write anything coherent.  So I offer you a list of 48 random items about me.  I'm borrowing the idea from some of my favourite blog sites...here goes...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:15 a. Just in time to hit the snooze button.

2. How do you like your steak? I don’t.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? At the “cinema?!?!” How proper! I saw a film on Daisy Bates at the Chicago Cultural Center. She is one amazing woman!

4. What is your favorite TV show? Right now, Breaking Bad.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Vancouver Island – easy access to hiking, biking, sea kayaking…YES.

6. What did you have for breakfast? An apple with peanut butter.

7. What is your favorite food? Green smoothies right now. So good!

8. Foods you dislike? Snails. Seriously. And foie gras. Seriously.  Have I tried either, no...and I'm not going to.

9. Favorite place to eat? Anywhere I am on vacation.

10. Favorite dressing? Vinaigrette.

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? I’m in the city…no driving for me!

12. What are your favorite clothes? Cozy sweaters, jeans and boots.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Vietnam.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Full…most of the time!

15. Where would you want to retire? Vancouver Island

16. Favorite time of day? Morning

17. Where were you born? California

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football!

19. What is your favorite fragrance? I love anything spicy. I’ve got cinnamon candles at home and love fall smells like pumpkin and sugar cookies and…now I am hungry.

20. What is your favorite face cream? The Body Shop

21. Favorite baby/kids products? No comment.

22. People watcher? For sure!

23. Are you a morning or night person? Morning

24. Do you have any pets? Nope

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Not really

26. What did you want to be when you were little? A lot of things…a marine biologist, a pediatric oncologist, an online news anchor, the first female President of the United States

27. What is your favorite memory? My surprise wedding on the beach in Tofino

28. Are you a cat or dog person? Neither, really…but, if I have to choose…dogs all the way.

29. Are you married? See #27

30. Always wear your seat belt? Not when I am in the back of a cab – I don’t know why, I just don’t

31. Been in a car accident? As a passenger, yes.

32. Any pet peeves? Being late to things…I HATE being late.

33. Favorite pizza toppings? Sun-dried tomatoes and spices.

34. Favorite flower? Peonies

35. Favorite ice cream? I’m not a big fan of ice cream, actually

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? I’m ignoring this question…you don’t want to get me started on my anti-fast food restaurant rant.

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None.

38. From whom did you get your last email? A co-worker

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Patagonia.

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Went out to dinner with a close friend after work…we needed it!

41. Like your job? Yes

42. Broccoli? YES

43. What was your favorite vacation? Trip to Vancouver and Vancouver Island. So relaxing!

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My husband!

45. What are you listening to right now? The prairie wind attempting to rip off our siding. It’s super-windy out there!

46. What is your favorite color? Black

47. How many tattoos do you have? Two. And I am now beginning to regret them.

48. Coffee drinker? Yes, as long as it’s decaf!

Happy random, everyone!



No comments: