21 November 2012

An Early Celebration

Two weekends ago, I celebrated Thanksgiving a little early with my parents.
We wouldn't be spending the actual day together, so I wanted to get some quality time in.
My parents live on the coast of New Jersey...so the timing after superstorm Sandy was also good so I could check in and see how things were.
I didn't grow up in New Jersey, but parents have lived there for over a decade now and I care very much about what happens to the residents there.
It was pretty amazing to hear the stories of those affected and see huge trees toppled                            over like Lego towers.

It was just another reminder about how much we have to be grateful for.

We did Thanksgiving right...complete with stuffing, apple pie, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and everything in between.  
We even took a lovely drive out to Peddler's Village in Pennsylvania to walk along the paths, drink hot apple cider and get some holiday shopping out of the way.

It was a great weekend and I'm so glad I got that time with my folks!

Hat for the holidays???

Around the village...
A holiday tradition...the apple pie.  My dad and I
always peel the apples together before the baking begins and then
my mom and I take over the baking.
What a spread!

No comments: