19 November 2012

Giving Thanks...



Moose Jaw, SK

Friends, it's the most wonderful time of the year.
Lights are starting to twinkle in store windows, my favourite music is being piped over loudspeakers and it's time for the long-standing Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to once again grace our televisions with it's over-the-top presence and Broadway songs!

As the year winds down, I notice I begin to take stock and reflect on everything that January 1 through November 19 has brought my way.  It's been a whirlwind of a year and I cannot believe all the goodness that's come my way. 

With Thanksgiving on Thursday, I thought I would share some of the things I am most thankful for...

Dave.  He is my everything and I am so lucky to have him as a partner in life.
My family.  They are incredible, talented and inspirational.
All the friends, mentors, coaches who have made an impression on me and provided encouragement when I've needed it the most.
My health.  This year, more than ever, I have learned that you can't take it for granted. 
The experiences I've had from coast to coast...I've traveled a lot this year and each plane ride and car trip has introduced me to new people and new things to try.
Crisp, cool air and the first snowflakes.
The brillant colours on the trees this fall.
The roof over my head right now...for that, special thanks to C and D. 
For major life-changing decision-making (more on that one later, but things are happening, folks!)

To those in Canada who celebrated their Thanksgiving over a month ago and to those in the United States who are celebrating this week, I wish you all a very happy holiday and continued love and joy.

No comments: